- $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 DOE
- Full Time
Medical and Dental
To manage the Thanksgiving Point Public Events Department.
To oversee all operations of the Thanksgiving Point Public Event Department including: planning, coordinating and managing staff. The successful candidate will be required to develop and oversee a variety of events. Applicant must have a strong track record in event management and excellent client relations. Must be professional, organized and self-motivated.
This position requires a strong leader who is capable of problem solving the complexities of a robust and diverse set of public events. This leader needs to be able to express the problems at hand and find solutions and integrate them into a larger vision and strategic plan.
• Manage Public Event Staff and intern program in a fast paced environment
• Set a long-term strategic plan for public events that aligns with the Institution's mission
• Plan, contract, and coordinate events at Thanksgiving Point
• Create event proposals and contracts
• Work closely with vendors, entertainment, security, and other contractors
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, contractors, partners, sponsors, police, fire, health department and others associated events
• Coordinate physical set-up requirements and service needs
• Collaborate and work closely with other Thanksgiving Point departments, including volunteers
• Develop event budgets and handle invoicing
• Attend all necessary meetings with event contacts
• Follow up with event contacts prior to the event to finalize all event logistics
• Prepares reports such as Scope of Work, Event Recaps and Expense Reports
• Act as a community liaison and representative of Thanksgiving Point at public events
• Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Design and Programming
Shift Hours and Days Required:
• Min. 40 hours per week
• Requires working weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage event teams with members from multiple departments.
• Proven leadership and project management of large complex public events
• Ability to work closely with talent, vendors, and other contractors
• Strong interpersonal skills and work well with others
• Demonstrated computer skills, primarily Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Problem solving and good communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; five or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Experience in non-profit event management and/or educational programming
-Demonstrated experience building partnerships and community relationships
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings