- Private Events
- Part Time
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit farm, garden and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning.
Responsible to work in the Sales Department to provide administrative support to the sales associates and manager.
Sales assistant is responsible to carry out administrative duties, greet clients, maintain scheduling and social projects as assigned.
- Receive incoming calls, direct to appropriate sales associate.
- Disseminate information regarding events, including availability, pricing, and services.
- Greet walk-in clients, making them feel welcome and giving written information.
- Maintain department scheduling.
- Prepare event contracts and other documentation to be distributed on and off site.
- Receive client deposits and payments.
- Maintain current customer database.
- Create sales reports as needed.
- Prepare correspondence; maintain files and records and other miscellaneous office duties.
- Assist and support Event Managers in set up or take down of events, planning
- Order office supplies
- Organize and order all department signs; including set up and take down of all street and door signs
- Organizing and create customer brochures and handouts
- Booking and scheduling smaller wedding and corporate events, including finalizing contracts, Event Orders, Invoices and collecting final payments.
- Maintain a clean and orderly front desk, conference room and copy area.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1-3 years clerical/administrative experience, preferably in a sales position
- Professional demeanor, in dress, speech, and mannerisms.
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
- Word processing and spreadsheet skills, typing speed of 45 wpm.
- Ability to learn and operate new software.
- Organizational skills with ability to accomplish multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and excellent follow-up skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Associates Degree
- Completion of Professional Sales Training and Methods
- Experience in a sales or marketing position.
- 9 am - 5 pm, Thursday and Friday.