- Full Time
Full time benefited position, employee/employer medical, dental split, PTO and holiday pay. Thanksgiving Point membership.
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit farm, garden and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning.
Provided support in functional areas of the human resource department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Assist with all recruitment efforts
- Posting open positions on websites
- Review applications
- Make interview appointments and job offers
- Complete new hire paperwork, review company handbook and policies with new employees
- Data entry of employee information into our timekeeping system.
- Other general office duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate in person and over the phone to answer employee and client needs.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to multitask competing responsibilities and demands.
Education/Training/Experience High school diploma or GED; one or more years of experience or training in HR or equivalent combination of education and experience.