- Food Services
- Full Time
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit farm, garden and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning.
Purpose: The Garde Manger is to oversee and ensure quality and production of cold food in various outlets and will also maintain and organize banquet area, reach-ins, dry storage and freezer. Assist Banquet Chef with production and firing of food and act as manager when Banquet Chef is not here
Major responsibilities include:
- Production, storage, par levels of cold food for various outlets ie. Banquets, deli, harvest, trellis etc..
- Practice FIFO when storing and prepping food
- Take care of leftover food and minimize waste and not to over prep
- Review all upcoming BEO's, create and prioritize prep list
- Create daily and weekly production list
- Completing task lists provided by the Banquet Chef
- Deliver food to various rooms and buildings
- Organize speed carts for various banquets and rooms
- Assuring that the quality of the food is up to the set standards
- Maintaining personal workspace cleanliness and organization
- Maintaining a sense of urgency during entire shift
- Ensure all sanitary guidelines are being met, proper labelling, dates and correct storage
- These responsibilities and other responsibilities may be changed or added
- Maintain the quantity of the food based on set pars.
- Maintain the quality of the food based on set standards.
- Maintain a clean workstation and kitchen.
- Stay busy at all times, help others or find additional tasks.
- Encourage co-workers to do the same.
- Maintain strict control of food waste and correct storage.
- Complete tasks efficiently and quickly.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent recommended
- 2 Years kitchen experience required.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and create and complete task lists
- Must have good knife skills
- Must have a good sense of timing and urgency
- Must understand a variety of cooking techniques
- Must be able to take assignments willingly
- Must love food and feeding people
- Must be able to lift heavy things (40 lbs.)