- Part Time
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit farm, garden and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning.
Thanksgiving Point is seeking people who are enthusiastic about providing transformative learning opportunities in a dynamic, experience-driven environment.
- Interact with visitors of all ages at the Museum of Natural Curiosity, Museum of Ancient Life, Farm Country, and Gardens to ignite learning and guide exploration.
- Assist with delivery of facilitated and unfacilitated programs including school field trips, school outreach, after school classes, birthday parties, day camps, and other educational programs.
- Model and foster curiosity and inquiry learning skills, like questioning, testing, refining, and explaining during program delivery and interactions.
- Collaborate with Education staff to develop, evaluate, and refine facilitated and unfacilitated experiences.
- Ability to work patiently in high-activity, high-energy, noisy environments.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, and stand for extended periods of time in order to facilitate interactions and ensure safety of guests on climbing and other physically-focused exhibits.
- Ability to manipulate small objects, scissors, keyboard, etc. in order to do material preparation, program delivery, clean up, and maintenance.
- Ability to work around and with animals, in the outdoors, and willingness to drive a tractor.
- At least one year (may be combined) of experience teaching or facilitating in formal or informal learning environments.
- Understanding of inquiry-based learning is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with learners of different ages and abilities is preferred.
- Available to work Saturdays and evenings as part of a program driven variable schedule.
- Valid Utah Driver's License.
- Must pass a background check.
Variable shifts, including Saturdays within the time frame of 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, with some evenings later on occasions.